- The Morris County government website has a list of all the municipalities (townships, boroughs, etc.).
- For our purposes this will include Boonton Township.
- See the Boonton Main Street website.
- There are a good number of art galleries in Boonton. Also seems to have a significant spattering of gift, thrift, and antique shops.
- Chasing a Discount – Thrift / consignment store.
- Culture Cabin.
- Darress Theatre.
- Quality Consignments – High-end women’s clothing and accessories.
- Robin’s Closet Boutique.
- Time’s Tin Cup Studio Arts & Artifacts.
- For our purposes this includes Chatham Borough and Chatham Township.
- Strangely, if you are looking for The Chatham Bookseller, see Madison.
- Jabberwocky Books – If you have children you may want to stop in here, they also have educational games.
- Library of the Chathams.
- Sage Resale Shop.
- Fishawack Festival – Held at the beginning of summer.
- For our purposes this includes Chester Borough and Chester Township.
- You can find out about some of the stores and restaurants by visiting the Historic Chester Business Association.
- Chester Antique Mall.
- Chester Library.
- Chester Theatre Group.
- Streets of Chester Shopping Center.
- The Publick House Tavern & Inn.
- Willowwood Arboretum.
- The site Discover Denville is helpful.
- Denville Public Library.
- Restyle Renew Consignment.
- Sogo Hibachi.
- Surprises in Store.
- Dover Antique Center
- Dover Free Public Library.
- Dover Little Theatre.
- Morris Thrift Store.
- Opera Seller Consignment shop.
- Salvation Army Thrift Store.
- The Quiet Man Irish Pub.
- Flea Market held every Sunday from April to December.
- For our purposes this includes Hanover, East Hanover, and Whippany.
- First Presbyterian Church of Hanover Heavenly Treasures Thrift Store – Open Saturdays 10 am to 4 pm.
- Ideal Book Store – Specializes on Judaic, Hebraic, and Holocaust Studies.
- The Chamber of Commerce site for the town can be helpful.
- Jefferson Township Public Library.
- Milton UMC Thrift Shop.
- Lincoln Park Public Library.
- St. Andrew’s Thrift Shop – Some question about whether it exists.
- The Long Hill Chamber of Commerce site has a business directory.
- Long Hill Township Library – Apparently put on concerts.
- Independent Thrift Shop of Madison – Holds limited hours, check site.
- Museum of Early Trades & Crafts.
- Once & Again – Consignment store.
- Short Stories Community Book Hub.
- The Chatham Bookseller – Has the feel of those bookstores I loved as a child. Too tightly jammed with books, but a lot of great ones.
- For our purposes this includes Mendham Borough and Mendham Township.
- The Mendham Business Association has a business directory.
- Attic Shops
- Grand Bazaar Antiques.
- It’z Vintage.
- Mendham Borough Library.
- Mendham Township Library.
- Ralston General Store Museum.
- Tried & True Consignment.
- See Montville’s Chamber of Commerce for a very small business directory.
- Barn Theatre.
- Montville Public Library.
- Greystone Park Association Thrift Store.
- Taylor’s Consignors.
- Barnes & Noble Booksellers.
- Acorn Hall.
- Bargain Box Thrift Shop.
- Frelinghausen Arboretum.
- Loantaka Park.
- Ford’s Mansion
- Morris Museum
- Old Book Shop – Great place, lots of books categorized by genre, however, be aware if bringing children, there is an aisle with old playboy magazines.
- Market Street Mission Thrift Store.
- Mount Arlington Library.
- Mystery, Mayhem & Make Believe Bookstore.
- Mountain Lakes Library.
- Simplify Marketplace.
- The Station at Mountainside – Restaurant.
- The Train Station.
- Friends of the Parsippany Library’s Book Nook – Located at the Parsippany Community Center, open Tues., Wed., Thurs.
- What appears to be a pretty exhaustive list of local businesses is available from RandolphLocal.com.
- Heritage Stables and Farm.
- Morris Habitat ReStore.
- For our purposes includes both Rockaway Borough and Rockaway Township.
- Ray & Judy’s Book Shop.
- Roxbury Chamber of Commerce has a useful member directory.
- Roxbury Public Library.
- The Clay Oven – Indian restaurant.
- Extremely small in numbers and area, yet most densely populated in Morris County.
Bibliography / Further Reading.
- Yelp. The Best 10 Bookstores in Morris County, NJ.