Here you can find thoughts we have for where to go and what to do while we are in Florida, we would welcome your suggestions as well!
Key: (D) or (S) indicates that Dave or Sheila is specifically interested in this location; [D] or [S] indicates that Dave or Sheila respectively might be interested in this location (aka, Dave found someplace he thinks Sheila might like or vice versa). A * before the listing indicates this is a place we almost certainly want to visit. A [T] by the heading indicates that TripAdvisor has been visited and at least some of its recommendations reviewed.
- One of the southernmost of the Sea Islands, a shrimping village.
Home to the Castillo de San Marcos, is the oldest European settlement in the U.S.
- Universal Studios (Universal Studios Florida / Islands of Adventure).
- Walt Disney World (The Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Disney’s Animal Kingdom) – Actually in Lake Buena Vista. (D)
- *SeaWorld. (D) [S]
- Busch Gardens.
- Discovery Cove. [D] [S]
- Orlando Shakespeare Theater.
- Orlando Science Center. [D]
- Mad Cow Theatre. [S]
- WonderWorks. [D]
- Titanic Exhibition.
- Holy Land Experience. [D]
- The Mennello Museum of American Art. [S]
Key West [T]
- Southernmost city in the US.
- Dry Tortugas National Park.
- Butterfly and Nature Conservatory.
- *Eco-Discovery Center. (D) [S]
- Custom House Museum (Key West Art & Historical Society). [S]
- *The Mel Fisher Maritime Museum. (D)
- Wildlife Center. [S]
- St. Paul’s Episcopal Church. [S]
- Tennessee Williams Key West Exhibit.
- The Studios of Key West. [S]
- *Shipwreck Treasure Museum. (D)
- Ernest Hemingway’s home.
- The Overseas Highway – Runs from the Florida mainland to Key West, 127.5 miles long.
- Ripley’s Believe It Or Not!
- Key West Aquarium. [S]
- Memorial Sculpture Garden.
- Tropical Forest and Botanical Garden.
- *Instituto San Carlos. (D)
- Turtle Museum. [S]
- Diving / Snorkeling. (D, S)
- Western Dry Rocks.
- Zoological Wildlife Foundation – TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice 2014 Winner.
- Vizcaya Museum & Gardens.
- Wynwood – Artistic neighborhood. [D] [S]
- Wynwood Walls. [S]
- Olympia Theater.
- Perez Art Museum Miami. [S]
- Zoo Miami.
- Oleta River State Park. [D]
- Cloisters of the Monastery of St. Bernard de Clairvaux. [D]
- Museum of Contemporary Art. [S]
- Patricia and Phillip Frost Museum of Science. [D]
- Bay of Pigs Museum. (D)
- Kavachnina Contemporary Commercial Gallery and Project Space for Contemporary and Emerging Art in Miami. [S]
- De La Cruz Collection Contemporary Art Space. [S]
One of the wealthiest cities in the United States.
In the Gulf of Mexico.
- Historical Museum.
- Botanical Garden.
- Arts Center.
- Dolphin Tours.
- Chocolate Kingdom – A museum.
- Juniper Springs.
- Theater of the Sea (Islamorada) – Swim with dolphins, sea lions, and stingrays. (D) [S]
- Haile Homestead – 19th century house with thousands of words written on walls for unknown purpose. [D]
- Presidents Hall of Fame (Clermont). (D)
- “10 Top Tourist Attractions in Florida.” Touropia, Dec. 12, 2014.
- “Best Places to Visit in Florida.” Touropia, Dec. 12, 2014.
- “Top Things to Do In Florida.” TripAdvisor.
- Lana Law. “9 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in Florida.” PlanetWare.
- “Pictures: 50 Florida Roadside Attractions.” Orlando Sentinel.